How to Apply
Please read our guidelines fully before pursuing an application. Potential applicants are strongly advised to review the eligibility questions below before completing an application form.
We will only fund charities that can demonstrate they meet our eligibility criteria.
If you answer ‘No’ to any of the questions then you will not be eligible to receive a grant from us and any application submitted will be rejected.
- Is your organisation registered as a charity in England or Wales with the Charity Commission?
- Is the charity’s total annual expenditure budget for the next 12 months less than £40,000?
- Has the charity been formally established for at least 3 years (i.e. was the governing document adopted at least 3 years ago)? NB – this will be verified with the Charity Commission’s register of charities.
- Does the work you are asking us to fund clearly fall within one of our priority areas (e.g. elderly, young people, disability) outlined in our guidelines?
- Is our grant required towards running costs for existing work that has been happening for at least one year?
If you prefer to discuss your eligibility then please contact Joanne Anderson, Trust Secretary on 0191 3893300.
Trustees meet 3 times per year to consider applications and a decision time can be up to 5 months from the date of submission.