Your privacy is important to the Yapp Charitable Trust. We are committed to safeguarding your privacy and this notice sets out how we will treat your personal information.
PERSONAL DATA COLLECTION
The Yapp Charitable Trust may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of contacting us or applying for a grant;
- any other information that you choose to send to us;
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (which with may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, referral source, entry page, exit page, length of visit, number of page views, route taken through this website, and similar information).
USING PERSONAL DATA
Personal information submitted to us via this website or directly via email or post will be used for the purposes specified in this privacy notice. We may use your personal data to:
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- improve your browsing experience;
- process grant applications;
- send you general non-marketing communications;
- send you email notifications related to a grant application;
- fulfil statutory obligations;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
This information is processed according to Article 6 of the General Data Protection Regulation for the following reasons:
- as necessary for the performance of tasks carried out in the public interest, in this case the disbursement of funds to a variety of registered charities who meet the Yapp Charitable Trust’s charitable objects, with the consent of individuals and organisations;
- as necessary in the pursuit of the legitimate interests of the charity, in this case, to acquire the information necessary to process grant applications
- for compliance with legal obligations, in this case to provide full and accurate information to the Charity Commission concerning the Trustees of the Trust.
The Yapp Charitable Trust reserves the right to hold data related to grant applications for archive purposes in order to facilitate a high standard of due diligence which will enable the charity to continue to fulfil its charitable objects.
PERSONAL DATA SECURITY
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. The Yapp Charitable Trust will store all the personal data you provide on its secure cloud based services including Salesforce, Microsoft OneDrive and Microsoft Office 365 and an additional encrypted back up on a hard drive. This information is protected using both password management tools and data encryption.
We may disclose information about you to any of our Trustees, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes as set out in this privacy statement. We currently reserve the right to pass information provided to us by applicants to other Trusts and Foundations. In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this privacy statement, we will not provide your information to third parties.
CROSS-BORDER DATA TRANSFERS
Information that the Yapp Charitable Trust collects may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in the EU in accordance with this privacy statement. In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available around the world.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity.
- If you have concerns about we use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
PRIVACY STATEMENT UPDATE
We may update this privacy statement from time-to-time by posting a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes. We may also notify you of changes to our privacy statement by email.
The website contains links to other websites that are not under the control of and are not maintained by the Yapp Charitable Trust. We are not responsible for the content or reliability of the linked websites. The Yapp Charitable Trust provides these links for your convenience only but does not endorse the material on these sites.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or our treatment of your personal information, please write to us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to 1st Floor, MILE House, Bridge End, Chester-le-Street, County Durham, DH3 3RA.
This privacy notice is based on a free template document supplied by The Legal Stop Limited through its website www.thelegalstop.co.uk